Acceptance Of These Terms
By using the Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and any changes to this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Collection Of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our websites, shop in our online stores, call us on the phone, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include (collectively, “Personal Information”):
- Contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address
- Login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID
- Personal details including gender, date of birth, and purchase history
- Personal preferences relating to cannabis consumption, use, and objectives
- Payment or credit card information
- Data on physical characteristics, including weight and height
- Any other information you choose to provide
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a “wish list” or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and may also use that information to send marketing communications to your contact, unless he or she has previously opted out of marketing communications from Mode.
Retention and Transfer of Personal Information. We retain Personal Information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about our products and services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request by unsubscribing, opting-out, or emailing us at email@example.com. Personal Information is transferred and stored to secure servers in the United States.
Use Of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to: (i) facilitate and improve your online shopping experience; (ii) provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts; (iii) respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service; (iv) communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you; (v) manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages; (vi) personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests; (vii) monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities; (viii) process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards; (ix) link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and (x) carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected. We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- How does Mode use Consumption Info? Mode collects Consumption Info from you so that we can help you achieve your objectives and goals while using our apps, and when we provide you with products or services.
- Enabling Core Features of the Apps and Experiences. Our app requires that Mode processes your Consumption Info so that you can use the core features. For example, when using the Mode app, Mode needs access to your Consumption Info and height and weight so that we can recommend dose plans and consumption schedules. If you do not provide accurate values, some measurements in the app may be less accurate than they would be if you provided accurate measurements. Mode also maintains systems that store aggregated Consumption Info from you and others so that we can deliver the apps and services to you and provide internal reports on metrics such as use and popularity. Mode’s features leverage analysis of individual and aggregated Consumption Info so that we can personalize your experience and provide recommendations for third party cannabis products to use with Mode.
- Direct Marketing Preferences Still Honored. Mode will honor your existing preferences about how we should communicate with you for direct marketing. If you have opted-in to receive email marketing, you will continue to receive emails, if you have opted-out from receiving email marketing, changing your Consumption Info settings will not sign you up for any new email program unless prompted and you provide consent.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows: (i) with vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf; (ii) with our strategic partners and for purposes of providing services to you; (iii) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; (iv) if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party; (v) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; or (vi) with your consent or at your direction. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Rights With Respect to Your Data
Modifying or deleting your information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, correcting, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our Site or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
How to control your communications preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of product or service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the service, technical and security notices).
The products that we sell on our Site are highly regulated and age-restricted. We are required and committed to preventing sales to anyone under the legal purchasing age. We will only send you marketing materials and information that encourage or facilitate a purchase of our products after you have certified that 1) you are a of legal purchasing age for the product you wish to purchase; 2) that you wish to be added to our mailing list; and 3) that you understand that providing false information may constitute a violation of the law.
Advertising and Analytics
We use functional and analytical cookies to provide for the best user experience. We, as well as third parties, also use tracking cookies on our websites to show you customized advertisements and offers on our websites, as well as on third party websites and apps. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our websites. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites. In addition, many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. If you enable Do Not Track, Note, however, third-party companies may not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals. If you would like to opt out of the collection and use of tracking data for ad targeting, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Links To 3rd Party Websites
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We use organizational, procedural, and technical safeguards to secure data in our possession, consistent with the sensitivity level of such data. When sensitive information (such as a credit card data) is collected on our Site it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol and may be processed by third parties using similar levels of protection. Regardless of the precautions we take, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Other Data Protection Rights
You may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of Personal Information. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. As a registered user, you can manage many of your individual account and profile settings within your account provided through the Site, or you may contact us directly by emailing us at email@example.com. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, individuals who are residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) can object to processing of their Personal Information, ask to restrict processing of their Personal Information or request portability of their Personal Information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similarly, if Personal Information is collected or processed on the basis of consent you can withdraw consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- EEA residents have the right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. We do not sell products for purchase by children and all children’s products we sell are for purchase by adults age 21+ only.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83 to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at the address in the Contact Section below. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Mode permits California residents to opt out of having their information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To opt out, please click “unsubscribe” on any emails from us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be removed.